HOUSE AT PERIVOLIA, CHANIA
A partially renovated stone house is for sale in the area of Perivolia.
The house has a total area of 110 square meters, while on the plot one can build an additional 210m².
The house has two bedrooms, a living room, a large kitchen, a bathroom, and an outdoor storage room.
It should be noted that the house is completely legit, without arbitrariness.
The area is very quiet, close to nature, without noise from nearby roads, while within a few minutes by car you can be in the center of Chania.
History of Perivolia
Perivolia is a town and suburb of the municipality of Chania, of the regional unit (former prefecture) of Chania, in western Crete. According to the 2011 census, Perivolia has 3,986 inhabitants. Perivolia is located 4.5 km south of Chania with which it has been connected by housing, at an altitude of 60 meters, in the plain of Chania, at the northern foot of the White Mountains.
The first reference to Perivolia is made in the Egyptian census of 1834, where it is referred to as Perivólia with 30 Christian and 6 Turkish families. During his trip to Crete, Pasley compares the area with Piedmont due to its vegetation and geographical location. The area was known for its gardens. In the area was the mansion of Mustafa Naili Pasha, which he had named Celsebilia, the name of a source of Muslim paradise, which in addition to being luxurious also had prisons. The villa was built in 1850 and had many rooms and terraces and was surrounded by a large garden with trees. The mansion was demolished by the Germans during the Occupation in the BPP to build their own houses. In the 1881 census, the Orchards had 517 Christians and 364 Turks.
In 1924 Perivolia became part of the municipality of Chania, where they remained until 1936, when they became the seat of the community of Perivolia. In 1971 the settlement of Pelekapina was annexed to Perivolia. The community was abolished in 1997 and Perivolia became part of the municipality of Therissos and in 2010 the municipality of Chania. In the censuses the Orchards had 1,286 c. (1928), 587 (1940), 1,344 (1951), 1,390 (1961), 1,589 (1971), 1,867 (1981),  2,428 (1991), 3,055 (2001) and 3,986 (2011).